
Sydney LOVES lawn mowers. I do not know why, but she yells out "lawn mower!" when we are driving down the road and sees someone working in the yard. Random but sweet. Saturday afternoon Brent was mowing the front yard and I heard the front door open and this is what I found. Sydney had opened the door, moved her chair to the frame, and settled in for a front row seat to the action. Actually it was very sweet and Brent said every time he looked up she was waving like a proud fan :). Oh, and she had taken off her clothing prior to this.

Tonight we met the Wolfes at Chuck E Cheese for a play date. But I think Melissa and I actually got a workout in trying to keep up with them. I didn't get a single picture of Jackson! I know the picture of her on the horse is a little blurry but she was so proud of riding all by herself I had to document it! She has hit a spurt of being very active and every time I turn around she is doing something wild and crazy- like drinking hydrogen peroxide (just a sip but I had to call poison control for the first time!), jumping from the ottoman to the recliner (which happened to be at least a foot apart), climbing onto the dinner table (on top of the table), digging in the trash for hidden treasures, taking her clothes and diapers off whenever the mood suites, and trying to swim in the bath tub (under water without assistance). Lord help me be aware of the balance between independence and danger!!!! One more sweet moment of the day I want to remember! We went for a check up at the ENT and both of her tubes look great 12 months out, which is really good. She has always cried when he looks in her ears and acts really sincerely scared when we go. Today I took a sucker with us and we talked about being a big girl, that Mommy was going to be with her the whole time, and that there was no reason to be scared. I told her she could have the sucker as soon as Dr. G looked in her ears. We heard him talking outside the door and she whispered to me "Here he comes. I not scared." and then she gave me a huge hug. I melted. What a big girl she is becoming right in front of my eyes! Amazing.
3 comments:
Little Sydney...you are growing up so fast. I love to look at your pictures and see what a big girl you are. It's amazing to know that your daddy knows how to mow the lawn. Just make sure you take all your vitamins so you will grow up to be big and strong and not hide them under the microwave like your daddy did. I love you Sydney and hope to see you soon.
Love your Aunt Whitney
Lauren - I love the post. And yes, I was worn out last night - lifting 2 toddlers up the steps to the slide over and over - that will wear you out. :) Sorry that picture of Sydney was so blurry! As we left, Jackson says, "Had fun with Sydney, grilled cheese." (translation: Chuck E. Cheese = grilled cheese)
love the first pic...too funny! will loves lawnmowers, too...sounds like they would be big buddies;)
Post a Comment