As much as I love planning parties and celebrating with all the bells and whistles, I have thought a lot about what I am hoping to teach Sydney about her birthday. Of course, it is her one special day and I want her to enjoy every minute of it. But SO MUCH MORE than the parties, cakes, gifts, clothing, etc. I keep remembering the verse that Brent and I choose for her at birth and had read for her at her baby dedication.
Ephesians 3:17-19
"I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God"
Baby girl, God's love is total, says Paul. It reaches every corner of our experience in this life. It is wide- it covers the breadth of our own experiences, and it reaches out to the whole world. God's love is long- it continues the length of our lives. It is high- it rises to the heights of our celebration and elation. His love is deep- it reaches to the depths of discouragement, despair, and even death. When you feel sad or lost or isolated, remember that you can never be lost to God's love. As much as I would give my life to shield you from pain, I know that is not my purpose here. All I can do is pray for you, love you, and try to teach you my humble understanding of how much God loves you. Happy 2nd Birthday my darling Sydney!!!!
Ephesians 3:17-19
"I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God"
Baby girl, God's love is total, says Paul. It reaches every corner of our experience in this life. It is wide- it covers the breadth of our own experiences, and it reaches out to the whole world. God's love is long- it continues the length of our lives. It is high- it rises to the heights of our celebration and elation. His love is deep- it reaches to the depths of discouragement, despair, and even death. When you feel sad or lost or isolated, remember that you can never be lost to God's love. As much as I would give my life to shield you from pain, I know that is not my purpose here. All I can do is pray for you, love you, and try to teach you my humble understanding of how much God loves you. Happy 2nd Birthday my darling Sydney!!!!
12 comments:
how much fun! i love all of the pictures!! happy birthday Sydney! I can't believe she is already 2!!! she is just adorable!
So sorry we missed the Par tay! Looks like everyone had a blast!!!
What a great birthday! Looks like you had so much fun, I can't believe you are already 2 years old.
What a fun party! Lauren I love reading the posts when you talk about your love for your daughter and being her mother. You are an inspiration to me to be a Godly mother. Thank you for sharing.
You are a great mom. Stevie loved the party and is still carrying around her basket. It truly goes by fast!! Happy Birthday Sydney!
Okay, we have not put down the bouncy balls that we found at the easter egg hunt and our picture we painted is hung on the frig. Once again, Sydney Walker's birthday party was a huge hit and a great memory for Dalton and me. Thanks for the invite...I love you, girl!
Lauren - You are a great mom! I hope you hear that often...and never doubt it!
Sydney's party looked great! Such cute ideas!
It was a great party! Sorry that I couldn't get the color better on some of those pictures but the mixed natural and flourescent light was making them really dark. Happy Birthday Sydney....I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
happy belated bday, sweet sydney! looks like you had a blast at your party...what a big girl! too cute, lauren...hope you've recovered;)
What a fun party!!! The Summit is an awesome place to have parties for kids, especially with the new children's area!
That is just precious! You did so good. And it looks like the kiddos had such a great time. Such a cute idea! Danielle
Wow, what fun!! The pictures are great! It's so great to see Sydney had such an amazing party and tons of friends to share it with!! Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment