Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Days...




Well, I can honestly say we were VERY surprised to have 3 snow days this week!!! Brent flew out to Orlando early Monday morning (he just barely made it out before they canceled all flights) and he text me at 4:45am to say "Don't drive. The roads are covered in SNOW!". What!?!?!?! Sydney and I loved (OK mostly loved) being stuck at home for 3 days but we did miss Daddy's help! We hung out with Misty-
Drank hot chocolate-
And I even filled the water table with rice and let her go to town. Please notice the mess it has made all over my house!

I have loved being snowed in with my baby girl, but I have been really exhausted. We spent all last weekend back in Fayetteville and were able to have my sweet grandfathers funeral. Thank you sincerely for the texts, emails, phone calls, meals, flowers and plants, cards in the mail- they have ALL been so appreciated!!!!!!! I guess being out of town for back to back weekends, along with the death of a loved one, Brent being gone, oh yeah, and being PREGNANT has taken its toll!!!! I am only 7 weeks along, but I think most of my little blogging community has already heard the great news. We are thrilled and I think I am due around October 1st! Of course we covet your prayers as you think of us and the new baby. Hope everyone else got some much needed rest and play time with their loved ones this week too!!!

19 comments:

rachel said...

what??? CONGRATULATIONS!!! I had no clue you are pregnant!!! so exciting!! i'm jealous of all of your snow-y'all have had more than we have all winter...have fun in it! :)

Whitney said...

Yea! Congrats on Baby Walker!!! I know that Sydney is going to be such a great big sister!

the day's said...

wooohooo the secret is out! good thing, i STINK at secrets. can't wait for our preggo lady lunch next week! :)

Amy James said...

Congratulations!!! That is soo exciting!

Dawne C. said...

I am VERY impressed that you set up a fun rice table for Sydney to play with! You are very brave! Sweet mommy :)

alisha herring said...

Yah...SHOCKED would be an understatement! Looks like you guys had a great 3 days of snow! Ready to get back to work tomorrow!

elaine said...

YAY! so excited for y'all and know sydney will be a fabulous big sister;) so sorry about your grandfather...love and prayers.

Penny said...

Girl!! I am so excited for you!!!

Penny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Glad you had some fun snow days with your preicous Sydney. We haven't gotten any snow in Monticello yet...but it's in the forecast for tonight. Lauren, congrats on baby Walker #2! That is such exciting news. How are you feeling other than being tired?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lauren! I check your blog periodically, but am obviously not so good about leaving comments :) So sorry to hear about your grandfather, but so happy for your exciting news!

Corbin said...

Well you already know we are SO jeolous of the snow!!! And you already know we are so happy about baby walker #2!!! Considering the timing I think you should name him after your grandfather!!

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

uh hello!!!!! congrats on the new baby news! how exciting!

Micah said...

Awww, congratulations! Can't wait to read Sydney the Big Sister stories -- I bet she'll give you some good ones :)

Rachel said...

Congratulations! It was part of the "gossip" of a Super Bowl party I was at this past weekend :) Praying for a easy pregnancy!

Emily said...

Congratulations, Lauren! That is so exciting!

Meredith said...

Congratulations to you guys! Hope you have a smooth pregnancy.

The Ward Family said...

Congratulations...We are super excited for you guys! Praying for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby Walker #2.